Distribution focused on network security auditing
BackTrack is a Linux distribution focused on network security tasks in which you'll find an arsenal of over 300 tools for very different purposes.
The most highly acclaimed security distro.
Forget about other tasks. BackTrack is specifically designed to audit the security of computer networks, especially wireless networks and their access codes. You can test the security of your connection with this LiveCD.
Functions and features
- Audit the security and strength of WEP and WPA passwords.
- Test the security of servers.
- Appraise web applications.
- Includes a wide range of tools, from sniffers to keyloggers.
- Obtain reports with test results.
- Consult all kinds of user manuals on the author's website.
A look at BackTrack's content
Most of the utilities in BackTrack have been taken straight from the world of computer hackers: dnsmap, Netmask, PsTools, TCtrace, Nmap, Protos, Cisco vulnerability tools, SQL Inject, SMB-NAT, Pirana, Dsniff, Hydra, Sing, WebCrack, Wireshark, NSCX, Airsnort, aircrack, SNORT, Hexedit...
Burn this ISO image onto a disc or run it from a USB and test your network security.
- This application is in ISO format, and due to this you will have to burn it on a disc or virtualize it if you want to launch the application.
- This is the GNOME version for 32-bit systems.